Oluwatosin Ajibade, popularly known in showbiz circles as Mr. Eazi, has established a scholarship scheme to assist needy undergraduate students at the C. K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS).
The scholarship scheme, which began with a GHS200,000 seed fund, is expected to cover the full tuition of 100 CKT-UTAS students each year.
The gesture comes in the wake of recent difficulties for many students in paying their fees, causing their education to be disrupted.
Who is eligible to apply for the Mr. Eazi Students Fund?
- The Scholarship is open to all students on the C. K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences Campus, from level 100 to level 400.
- All Applicants must have in their possession, their admission letter and a valid student’s identity card.
- The Applicant must be without any criminal record or not have faced any disciplinary action.
- The Applicant should not be on any other scholarship scheme that covers his/her AFUF.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- Priority shall be given to:
- Needy females
- Needy orphans
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be committed to supporting the CKT-UTAS Students Financial Services in later years should they successfully get employed after school.
- The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2021/2022” watermark.
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can.
- Applicants who have already made at least 60%-part payment of their fees can apply for support to pay the remaining amount.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal from the university.
Mr. Eazi and the University hope that beneficiaries of the Fund will be able to complete their studies despite their financial difficulties.
Candidates who are eligible for the scholarship may apply by downloading the application forms from the students portal.
Mr. Ajibade is the CEO and founder of the emPawa Africa group, which has offices in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, Dubai, and London.
emPawa Africa has grown to become one of the continent’s largest wholly African-owned entertainment companies, leveraging Mr. Ajibade’s vast experience and network to provide a gateway for upcoming and established acts worldwide.
Furthermore, Mr. Ajibade performs under the stage name Mr. Eazi, which has become a household name in Africa and is gaining international acclaim.
He has headlined the Ghana Music Festival and performed in front of sold-out crowds all over the world.
He has also received a number of prestigious international awards.
Mr. Ajibade studied at Coventry University in the United Kingdom and graduated with a Master of Science in Engineering Business Management (M.Sc. Engineering Business Management) in 2015, after receiving a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi, Ghana in 2011.