King Charles III evicts Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from Frogmore Cottage, a Prince Andrew offer
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal residence is undergoing change as a result of King Charles III. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are being evicted from their Frogmore Cottage, according to ET.
“We can confirm The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to depart their property at Frogmore Cottage,” a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan tells ET.
Now that Frogmore Cottage is vacant, Prince Andrew, the disgraced brother of King Charles III, is supposedly being offered the home. The Sun was the first to report the news.
The change was made after Charles denied Andrew access to his former residence and working space at Buckingham Palace. The choice was made more than three years after Andrew withdrew from public life and, as a result of controversies surrounding his association with Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre’s alleged sexual assault, which he has denied, was later deprived of his royal patronages.
The king’s decision to discontinue giving his 62-year-old brother a yearly grant in April will prevent him from maintaining his current abode at the Royal Lodge.
Harry and Meghan have until the beginning of the summer to leave the house. Who actually handed the eviction notice off is unknown. ET, however, affirms that it was at the king’s order.
The Royal Palace of Buckingham won’t comment.
Any such discussions would be a private family matter, a royal source says ET.
With the publication of Harry’s book, Spare, and the couple’s revealing Netflix documentary, tensions between Harry, Meghan, and the royal family have risen. Charles’ move comes during this time.
According to a second source, Harry’s memoir publishing caused a rift between Charles and Harry.
Relationships between Harry and Meghan as well as the family “have never been worse since Harry’s book was out,” the insider said. Charles is really dissatisfied with the information provided in the book.
Harry treated Camilla disrespectfully in the book, and you can’t expect to act that way without suffering the consequences, the insider continues.
Charles made a statement shortly after becoming king in which he professed his affection for Harry and Meghan but noted that they would continue to establish their lives abroad. According to a source, it was “perhaps a sign of his strategy.”
Following their royal nuptials, Harry and Meghan made Frogmore Cottage their permanent home in 2018. The couple started the home’s improvements, which ended up costing the taxpayers more than $2 million. However, the duke and duchess paid back the money after relocating to California in 2020. For the couple’s young children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, Frogmore has been the only location with sufficient protection.
The Royalty and Specialized Protection Unit of the Met provides protection for the home even if the residents travel with their own personal security.
The Frogmore decision was made in advance of Charles’ rumored desire for Harry and Meghan to attend his coronation on May 6. The source said that formal invitations to the family have not yet been sent, but they are anticipated to do so in the coming weeks.
A source revealed last month that the monarch will send an invitation to the couple and wants to patch things up.
a royal family insider reportedly told ET, “Charles naturally wants his kid to attend the coronation. In his life, it is a crucial time. Prince Harry is wanted because he loves both of his boys.”
The source continued, “King Charles wants to restore the bond within the family. “They’ll get the invite. It would be embarrassing if they weren’t.”